Viewability is a metric in digital advertising that tracks ad impressions which are actually seen by real humans.
The "viewable impression" or "active view impression" are the impressions viewed by real humans but not only displaying on a computer or a mobile screen.
"Active View" is a viewability technology by Google to determine if your ad is viewable by potential customers.
If you are Google Ad Manager users, you can run report and get Google's viewability metric: "Active View".
You can also get realtime viewability metrics at BiddingStack's dashboard.
Media Rating Council (MRC) has defined industry standards for measuring the viewability of online ads:
- A display ad is counted as viewable when at least 50% of its area is visible on the screen for at least one second.
- A video ad is counted as viewable when at least 50% of its area is visible on the screen while the video is playing for at least two seconds.
- A user leaves the page before seeing the advertising
- A user doesn’t scroll down far enough to see the displayed ad
- A user doesn't see the displayed ad long enough
- Improve content quality and user experience of your website: Google web vitals metrics.
- Use sticky ad unit which is remaining on a fix location of user's viewport
- Use lazyload technology to only display ad when it is in user's view
You can also use Ad Management Platform BiddingStack's automatic viewability management solution to improve both viewability and impressions, revenue.Transfon User Experience Platform
serves hundreds of million users per month to provide a seamless privacy experience for users, brands and publishers in the age of post GDPR. Contact us to know more: [email protected]